Sunday, January 30, 2011

Oscar Buzz


Oscar Nominations were announced this past week, and as a movie-lover I'm excited! Every year my family has this dinner for the Oscars where we all watch the red carpet & awards together, complete with ballots and Oscar shaped chocolates, so this event has been magical to me for as long as I can remember. Sparkling dresses, shiny statues, and sappy speeches - I love it all! I'm looking forward to the hosts this year, James Franco and Anne Hathaway - I think they'll do a great job hosting - just not too sure about their comedic abilities...but we'll see what happens! Anways, here are my picks for the main categories.

Lead Actor

Who I Want - James Franco
Who I Think Will Actually Win - Colin Firth

Supporting Actor

Who I Want - Christian Bale
Who I Think Will Actually Win - Christian Bale

Lead Actress

Who I Want - Michelle Williams
Who I Think Will Actually Win - Annette Benning? Not Sure.

Supporting Actress

Who I Want - Helena Bonham Carter
Who I Think Will Actually Win - Melissa Leo

Directing

Who I Want - Darren Aronofsky
Who I Think Will Actually Win - David Fincher or Tom Hooper

Best Movie

Who I Want - The Social Network or The Fighter
Who I Think Will Actually Win - The King's Speech

Check out the poll on the left & vote for best movie winner!

The cutest Oscar-winning best friends - Matt Damon & Ben Affleck

No comments:

Post a Comment