Saturday, January 15, 2011

New Zodiac Signs?

In the news recently, astronomers from Minnesota delivered findings that our current zodiac signs are wrong, due to something about the moon's gravational pull on Earth, and that the stars' alignment has changed. When I heard about this news (through everyone's facebook statuses), I couldn't believe it! I've always believed strongly in astrology and found it eerily scary how much the description of a typical Virgo matched my personality, so needless to say, I was devastated. How could I have overnight become a spontaneous and extroverted Leo, when I've always been a modest and analytical Virgo?


I was not accepting all these rumours, so I started looking up some articles about the switch, and on Time magazine's website, I found this article: http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/01/14/astrologers-get-their-say-in-the-horoscope-hubbub/ Basically, in summary, it counters these new findings, explaining that Western astrology is tropical, meaning it is determined more by the seasons, and not by the alignment of stars, so these findings mostly affect the East, where they rely on sidereal astrology. We'll see what people want to believe and if these new signs will catch on or be disregarded, but I think it's safe to say my plans for a Virgo tattoo are still in the works.


Find your symbol:


astrology symbols

No comments:

Post a Comment